You are Batman!
193 jobs divided by 20 days (Mon-Fri)=9.65 jobs per day
$300 avg per job?
$57,900 income last month!
Nice!
Keep up the good work!!!
trackerm

[*] posted on 15-7-07 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote

how long have you been in business and what type of leak detection do you do, strictly the pool or plumbing also
thepoolsitter

[*] posted on 22-8-07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Something is wrong here

Is it me or does anyone else think that Bruce may be inflating his success. I average 4 or 5 leaks a week in the prime season. It takes me 30 min just to get there and back. Most of the work I do takes 3 - 4 hours before I an convinced that I have found the problem. Do you do any repairs in this time frame? What am I missing here? Maybe you can share your secrets with us Bruce?
reedpool

[*] posted on 23-8-07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote

Each of our leak detection crews has two men. The crew locates 4 - 8 leaks per day. The only repairs done by this crew are to patch vinyl liners or fix light conduit leaks and leaking hydrostatic valves. We use separate crews to repair underground leaks. My point is different companies, different approachs to leak work. Whatever works for you.

Rob
trackerm

[*] posted on 18-11-07 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote

my average time spent on each job , let me say for just the dive time on site is usually under one hour. i have found many leaks in under five minutes. patched and out of there. quickest leak was a vinyl leak i was in and out in under 30 minutes. four to five hours each job seems a bit much for me as well.
LeakControl

[*] posted on 5-1-08 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote

remember, there is no award for most leaks found in a month. Quantity isn't important if you'fe not making any money or working so many hours/days that you don't have good quality of life (balance between work and real life). Maybe raise your price a little, do less jobs, but make more money/hour. For example, if you do 100 leaks at $100, you make $10,000. If you charge $200, you only have to do 50 to make the same amount of money. 193 leaks in a month is fantastic. But if all you did was work and you didn't make a LOT of money, was it really worth it? There is an old expression (old for a reason, eh?), "work smart, not hard". Ive seen stores sell the mess out of something and then go out of business. Why? Because they didn't price themselves well. From me, I hope you do 100 leaks, work less, and make the same or more money ;) Best of luck :)
LeakControl

[*] posted on 24-1-08 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote

yeah, we're spoiled babies down here in S. Florida. We have DRY SUITS for our frigid 72 degree water :P Glad to hear that 2007 was best year yet. Ours too. And 2008 is starting off real well. More commercial work lately and we like those. More money and usually easier to find. Had 1 last week that lost 18,000 in 1 day and drained the pool on the 2nd day. Anybody guess Main Drain? ;) Wish they were all that easy. With all the snowbirds and no rain, this is our busiest time. I take vacation (and go away) during our wet, summer months of August and September (yeah, September is VERY much a summer month here :P Hope 2008 is even better :)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top