Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: pricing
hap

[*] posted on 25-3-07 at 01:43 AM Reply With Quote
pricing

Does anyone want to give me suggestions on pricing leak jobs? Some jobs take more time to locate, so a fair pricing scheme is what I'm looking for. Here are some situations that I'm hoping to get feedback on......

24 hour bucket test
dye test
pool only
pool with infloor
spa only
spa with infloor
pool and spa shared EQ
extra pipes
sawing pipes for access
swimming/diving
winter diving
drain pool/spa to locate
multiple visits
drive time
out of territory

I'm pretty sure my price at $150.00 is low. I don't like lowballing my competitors and would like to see my prices increase soon.
reedpool

[*] posted on 26-3-07 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote

We charge a flat rate of $350. to locate leak. Once leak is located we then quote to repair. We add on to this for pools with attached hot tubs or waterfalls or any other water feature. Travel outside our area ia charged extra based on estimated extra driving time . Keep in mind we guarantee results and we are charging in Canadian dollars. Underwater work is $150. per hour or part and cold water (requiring a dry suit instead of a wet suit is an extra $100.00. We try to have customers perform bucket test but if we have to we charge based on our hourly rate.

Hope this helps
Rob
i6epoolguy

[*] posted on 15-4-07 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote

I'm just getting into leak detection and was thinking about charging $250 for first hour then $65 each additional hour. It's kinda hard since each job is so differant. Some take 5 minutes to find.
reedpool

[*] posted on 16-4-07 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote

You should be charging for what you know and how the results you produce not by the hour. Charging by the hour rewards the slow and inefficient. However there are jobs that cannot be flat rated because of their complexity
Rob
ALD

[*] posted on 29-4-07 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote

Well said Reed!

Mood: spring smellin''

[*] posted on 2-2-09 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
pricing

my approace has been to stay up with who's doing what.and for how much. this is my fourth year solo(rather my third attempt to stay self employed) . at first i was eager to get a rep. so i low balled prices. i get alot of work from pool repair companies(gotta love free advertising) and afford them an op to make a buck. now i find that for $350.00 i'll dive and check structure. use leak tracker if i must; and pressure test only if ifeel it is justified(and i don't tell the pool owner /.or alot would insist on a p.t./ i do however let new pool repair companies know how i operate. beyond that it gets a little flaky. ..if a customer has been treated bad or really can't afford repairs or whatever i get creative with my charges. i guess i'm a better leak fixer than businessman. but i love that freedom. first call backs are free. then we talk..
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member 1215's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top