Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: cd
hap

[*] posted on 8-3-07 at 01:52 AM Reply With Quote
cd

Hey Lance and All,
Okay I have today's question for you guys.....
First a little of Hap's history. I've been been building and repairing pools for a long time and have pretty good knowledge there. I've read everything I can get my hands on online and elsewhere about leak detection, including all the pages Anderson has online. Thank You Anderson great info!
My question is, will the Anderson leak detection CD help me at my skill level? I'm not confused about anything on the web pages listed below. At least I don't think I am. ;)

http://www.leaktools.com/professional/article.php
http://www.leaktools.com/professional/instruction_pressure.php
http://www.leaktools.com/professional/chart.php
Lance
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-3-07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote

The CD provides much more infor than what is on the web site. It is generated from a powerpoint presentation that I can usually present in about 2 to 2-1/2 hours. I think the biggest benefit to this material is the way it clarifies how air and water behave in a plumbing line. Knowledge of this is very helpful for pressure testing lines and understanding how to effectively make a noise that can be heard with a listening device.

The CD also covers other aspects of the leak job and presents a procedural organization that should contribute to efficiency at the job site.

The presentation is heavy on basics, and fundamentals. It is intended to give you a solid foundation and understanding of the physics behind the tests you are doing. Because of the geographical differences in types of leak problems and the way pools are constructed it does not cover much on specific techniques (ie what plug to use in what fitting etc.).

My hope is that these type of specific questions will be addressed in this message board venue. We also have plans to establish a part of the site where experience leak detectors can put together more in depth presentations on their own techniques. These may be available at a small cost at the authors discretion . . . we would just facilitate the transaction.

If anyone is interested in creating such a program contact me. We're looking for ideas and know that there is alot of great knowledge out there to be shared.

Lance
hap

[*] posted on 8-3-07 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote

I would like to hear some feedback from folks that have purchased the CD. Can't make up my mind if I should buy it.
hap
hap

[*] posted on 8-3-07 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote

Hi Lance,
Will I need Power Point to view the CD?
Lance
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-3-07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote

A Powerpoint viewer is included on the CD.
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 13-3-07 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote

Hap
I did find the CD of value and I've got 30 years of leak detection experience, even at your leak detection experience level the CD is pretty cheap and would be paid for if it helped solve only one job!
Bruce Underwater Pool Repair serving CT & NY
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smartpoolservice

[*] posted on 4-9-11 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote

I am wondering if the "Training-CD" by Anderson consist of Text only or visual image(Like DVD).

Anyway i will order this CD later. and this MSG board is a huge help to me.

thanks,
david/smart pool service
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top