Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: XLT's
hap

[*] posted on 6-3-07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
XLT's

I'm asking if someone would please tell me the difference between a XLT20 and XLT30. The 20's are sometimes available on ebay etc....Thanks.
Lance
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-3-07 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote

The XLT30 is the newer version of the XLT20. It was developed by Fisher about 2 years ago and has completely replaced the XLT20 which is no longer made:(. The main difference is that the XLT30 uses digital circuitry and touch pad controls as compared to the older analog circuitry and knobs on the XLT20. While the XLT30 is very very sensitive when picking up noises underground some in the industry who use it whith our Hydrophone had felt that it did not pick up as many structural leaks as the XLT20 with a Hydrophone.

We have worked very hard with Fisher (which is now owned by a different company than it was 2 years ago) to resolve this problem. We found that most structural leaks picked up by the hydrophone where in a higher frequency range so we have had the XLT30 tuned to pick these up better than it did before. Our feedback on this improvement from the field has been very good. So from here on out the XLT30 should compare very favorably to the older XLT20 for both ground listening and for finding leaks with a hydrophone.

Maybe other will have some comments.

Lance

P.S. Thanks hap for bringing things up on this board!
hap

[*] posted on 8-3-07 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote

Hi Lance,
You're welcome, so far I'm not discouraged that not many folks are participating. I purchased some plugs from Lee on Monday via your 800 number. He said you guys may make some changes to the forum in hopes that more folks will join in and post here. I personally would like to see little "NEW" markers for any new posts or something that lets me see what is new on the forum. I delete all my cookies when I close my browser so hopefully you can keep that in mind too. Or maybe a notice in my email that someone has posted here. Also I would like to send a thank you back to you guys for providing this bandwidth and forum..... Thanks.
hap
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top