Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: in floor cleaning system
Beards

[*] posted on 26-11-12 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
in floor cleaning system

I have a pool that I suspect is leaking around an infloor cleaning head. Leak track screams near one in particular. Dove the pool and could not get any dye to draw. Removed the heads still no dye draw. Did a full pressure check, all was good. Any suggestions? I have checked every square inch of this pool. Steps, light, vinyl, pressure check.. What is up? Bruce I know you got something.;)
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 27-11-12 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote

Beards
I have seen similar leaks around cleaner heads where the liner tucks in around the head fitting. I would try to pinpoint the spot with the Leak Trac (use the lowest setting) and dye test it again. If still no leak found you could try to isolate this head and area by plugging it off and then placing a toilet plunger over it, if no leak, the plunger will stay tight, if a leak the plunger should not seal and plunging will loosen it and make the rip more visible.
Or plug the head and put the Light Cover over it and try introducing dye at a hose port and watch through the dome where it goes!

Have fun, don't give up, and report back please.
Good Leak Detectors Are Always Learning
Bruce
PoolRepairDiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thepoolsitter

[*] posted on 27-11-12 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote

Wow!
Great advice Bruce and another possible use for the Dome Cover. Leaks that are the most difficult to find are the ones that provide us with learning opportunities and it is wonderful that we can share what we have learned with others here at your site.
When I read about the solutions others have come up with I say to myself, "Why didn't I think of that!".
cgg90210

[*] posted on 5-12-12 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote

As far as the dome cover, I carry four weights in the form of 1" flex pvc w/ sand inside that fit th o.d. of the dome to create a proper seal. I also have a "closed" dome to do a tee'd suction line or two pop-up cleaners at a time (we call it a valet system). That way you can check most systems without getting wet.
cgg90210

[*] posted on 5-12-12 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote

P.S. ,

You can attatch your dome to a pole with the weight, plug the main drain at the skimmer and run a long plastic tube to the tile line then dye test the plastic tube. FYI
hinejs

[*] posted on 7-12-12 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote

cgg,

could you share a picture of this rig in action?

-Jeremy
Florida Leisure Pool & Spa
cgg90210

[*] posted on 14-12-12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote

hinejs,

Probably get in trouble with "higher-ups" if I shared too much info, sorry. Just use your imagination as far as the info I've alredy given, good luck!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top