Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: freak'n freeze'n
hap

[*] posted on 15-2-07 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
freak'n freeze'n

It must be cold back there....my order from Anderson got delayed a day due to weather. My sales person was nice enough to give me a UPS tracking number so I was able to watch the package progress online.

The swimming pool supply warehouse dude called me on his leak yesterday. He knew he had a skimmer line leak because of air in the lint trap on the pump. I started poking around and replumbed the suction nipple to be sure that was okay.....still air was coming in. It had a few jandy valves on the pump suction. Split skimmers, MD, and a dedicated cleaner line. After plugging all the outlets on the pool side I induced some water to the pump end and watched the test gage. Water started poring out a brand spanking new jandy valve at the stem handle. We removed the cover and found that no o-rings had been installed on it from the factory!!! Two of those Jandy stem o-rings solved this leak fast. The pump picked up prime quick and made short work of removing any air in the lint trap. Customers fear the worst when they can't find leaks and think I'm a hero when I find simple and petty stuff wrong. Well maybe it's not petty with no o-rings at all....I was surprised that the pump did pump some water.
hap
windsorleakdetection

[*] posted on 16-2-07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote

Talk about Freeze'n, I'm still the only actively idiot still diving under the winter covers to patch liner leaks here in Canada. And yes there is ice.
Dave
Sdewolfe

[*] posted on 19-2-07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote

Hap..

This is Steve from Advanced Leak. We have more work than we can handle and would like to refer some of this work to you. Call me when you can @ 480-228-6981
hap

[*] posted on 21-2-07 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote

Wa-HOOOO Steve.......thanks a million. I'll call in the AM. Thursday.
hap
hap

[*] posted on 21-2-07 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote

Hi Dave,
You're a better man than me.....Under ICE!!! WOW. I was freaking about 50-something Fahrenheit today on my way to a pool with a crack in the concrete. I don't think I'll have to dive down because it looks superficial. Doing a bucket test now, so we'll see. By the way, I wore shorts and two tee shirts today. I even turned on the AC in the truck for a few minutes to cool it off when I first drove to my next job. The AZ sun is intense even in winter on sunny warm days.

hap
4Leakman

[*] posted on 25-2-07 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Dave...

Yes... You ARE nuts. Done the ice thing before and learned its usually not worth the consequences.... but to each their own! ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top