Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: See snake
Beards

[*] posted on 31-1-12 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
See snake

Any one making use of "see snake" camera? I used one as a demo on a pressure side leak that I detected and located with pressure test / listening device. I could not find crack w/ see snake but it was helpful in location of pipes. Just cant justify cost unless I am missing something. Any suggestions?
leakyg

[*] posted on 31-1-12 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote

I use it often.. Need the locator with it too if you are going to use it. Sometimes the break is real obvious, sometimes not.. Im in the northeast, and lines are winterized now, so its real helpful under slabs where its to hard to get a good read using helium., I am actually about to put a post up about this cause Im loonking for a monitor..
skispain

[*] posted on 31-1-12 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote

Yes, I've been using the seesnake for about 11/2 years. It's not something I use often, but when I do, it is great. First time I used it, it wasn't for a leak. I had a jet airline that wasn't pulling any air. Ran the see snake down the 2" line through 2 90's about 40'. The line was full of rocks. Used the locator, it is accurate, I mean incredibly accurate. Got over the location, said it was 17" down. Dug a one foot by one foot hole, hit the pipe at 15". The pipe was broken from a pick ax. Repaired pipe, jets work great. It harder to run down 1 1/2" pipe w. fittings. On a leak in a vertical pipe, such as an in floor cleaning line, or a maindrain line. you can plug the drain in the floor, watch the water drop in the line. Slowly follow it with your camera until it stops dropping. Than you know how far down the leak is. I hate to say it, but to me it is a more valuable tool than the Leakalizer. I have both tools. Have not had good luck w. Leakalizer. Maybe I'm not using it properly, but the Seesnake has always been accurate. Hope this helps.

I would say the package is about the same
Beards

[*] posted on 3-2-12 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote

Thanks you both have convinced me to add this to my tool bag. Amen on the leakalizer skispain. Works some of the time, nothing like in the demo.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top