Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Funny Customers ....
Poolman

[*] posted on 22-1-12 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Funny Customers ....

:mad: customer with a spa, really convinced that it was leaking as the cellar used to flood with water. Had us going back many times as it would be dry in the cellar and suddenly flooded. He was so adamant it was the spa.
We pressure tested, dye tested, emptied it to seal around fittings but no leak on the spa. Looked at rain water disposal around the complex, meter the incoming water, then realised it only flooded when the pool was backwashed.
Customer said impossible so we re ran the backwash away from the drainage and the cellar has been dry ever since. Occasionally I get a call “ bad news, the cellar is still dry” he is convinced the spa will be empty one day and the cellar full. Oh well we got paid!
:D :D
Poolman

[*] posted on 22-1-12 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote

:mad:
Outdoor pool, clients agent calls, “ Its filling up to the top with water “
This is an outdoor pool we recently insulated and fitted a new liner, pipework and plant room.
Agent tells me “ you have obviously done something wrong and ranted and ranted, eventually he left enough space while taking a breath to allow me to get in, “ its been raining”
The retort and expletives that its ”not possible for rain to raise the level” of an outdoor pool was amazing! His outdoor pool doesn’t fill up with the rain, trying to explain that the work we had done doesn’t leak and we would sort an overflow was challenging.
Suggesting that his pool might leak, well..............
Next service visit sorted an overflow that Mr Knowitall agent didn’t want and all is well.
skispain

[*] posted on 23-1-12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote

A technician I worked with years ago had a leaking pool he had to
diagnose. He pressure tested everything, dye tested, dove. Some days it would leak, some days it wouldn't, regardless of whether the system was running or not. He was almost at his whits end. Then one day he was in the area and "popped in" to check on the pool. This pool had the old style whips. They were out of the pool, laying across the deck, going into the tree wells by the pool. Come to find out the teenage son was performing one of his chores, which was to water the grapefruit trees by the pool. He would do this after school, but before the home owner's would get home. It's one of the funniest leak detection stories I've heard.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top