Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Marketing
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 27-10-11 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
Marketing

What do you use to drum up business? I did a tabletop display with a stack of flyers and business cards with the local distributor. Called the manager for permission first. Told him I'd bring some food. That got him excited! Then I googled the city name and best doughnut shop and went there. Pool men LOVE free food! So do branch managers and counter people ;) Stayed and brought in pizza for lunch and met lots of service and repair people and was invited to come back anytime!
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 28-10-11 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote

Hopefully you collected business cards or contact info from the interested repairmen and pool companies, your next step is to follow up with calls and to visit each company, sell what you can do for them, better than how they do it now, show and demo the specialized equipment and experience you have, find a way for them to market and make money with you, make it a Win-Win situation.
Today's an example, it's 28 degrees here, a company called with an emergency leak on a new pool, they do their own leak repairs in summer, but they know I'm equipped with a drysuit for cold dives and they remember my December demo dive in their outdoor display pool while it was snowing:cool:
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
4Leakman

[*] posted on 28-10-11 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
And...

How do you spell KA-CHING ??? ;)

Closed my last one today... with the pretty (ugly) snow on the ground!

Off to Vegas next week!
Semi_Retired

biggrin.gif posted on 28-10-11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Did another tabletop today at a different distributor

Lots of interest. A pool builder took several cards for himself and his buddies. I had to leave early to go to a JOB! Woo-Hoo! She called the home office and my daughter called me with the info. BTW, the pool builder's own pool LEAKS! Lol
trackerm

[*] posted on 2-11-11 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote

what will separate yourself from other "leak detectors" ??? professionalism, knowledge, and equipment. there were a few "leak Detectors" in my area. neither of which was top in their game. it wasnt hard for me to come in and change that up. speak with pool companies and tell them how you can help their customers. word of mouth is everything these days. i did advertise in the past but no more. dont be afraid to pound the pavement and talk to pool companies. once you name gets out there the phone will be ringing and people will desire your services knowing the job is getting done correctly. good luck
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 3-11-11 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone using social media

For marketing purposes that is.
Poolman

[*] posted on 9-1-12 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote

Pool companies that don't meet with the customers expectations are our best advertisers. This evening new contact calls because the existing company he uses wouldn't cover his xmass challenges even though he gave them weeks warning of his requirements. Ok so its holiday time, I'd rather relax in the Med during the summer than be worrried about out of hours calls in the winter. Service is what people expect, high rewards for offering that is what we get. :cool:
Poolman

[*] posted on 9-1-12 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote

PS but we are also wanting to learn more.......
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top