Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Allow me to introduce myself
Semi_Retired

smile.gif posted on 22-7-11 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Allow me to introduce myself

I've just sold my house and my pool service business. As a former freelance repairman and California C-53 pool contractor I have experience in pressure testing lines and dye testing. I'm thinking of starting a leak detection business. Would you recommend buying the package? I would substitute the Leakalyzer for the vinyl liner leak tester since vinyl liners are rare in this part of the country. Any suggestions for starting a small leak detection business would be welcome.
By the way, semi-retired is how my wife describes what I'm going to do for work now. ;-)
4Leakman

[*] posted on 22-7-11 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum!

First you will need a large assortment of test plugs, pressure testing devices as well as dyes, an assortment of sealers plus a good old sense of deductive reasoning. Here in New England I use my Leak Track quite a bit (4 times in two days) but you are correct in not investing in one if you are in a market of other than vinyl pools.

Still not sold n the Leakalyzer. I, personally, find that I wouldn't us it often enough to justify a purchase at that price point, although I will admit that I have a spa about 50 miles from here that is causing me to tear my hair out. But other than that, if you are thorough in locating and sealing leaks it is a purchase that could be put on the back burner. I know there are guys that bought them but I haven't seen anyone posting about how that it has been a timesaver / lifesaver for them.

Call the toll free number and anyone that answers is very knowledgeable and can steer you in the right direction for your initial purchase.

Welcome to the biz :cool:
trackerm

[*] posted on 26-7-11 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote

do some homework. i am a private leak detection contractor. I pounded the pavement and met with pool companies to find out they dont perform leak detection. work a simple agreement with them and you should get a lot of referrals from them. 85 percent of my business comes from pool companies and the other 15 percent is referalls from people I did work for or the internet. a website is also a good investment. i have the leak trac (rarely use it) and found that diving the pool is my main staple in locating and repairing leaks. not sure if you are a diver or not but getting certified as a diver helps. the whole neighborhood shows up to see the diver in the pool fixing the leak and everyone gets cards when you leave. all the guys at anderson are helpful and they have great products to help you along the way. i have all anderson manufacturing supplies and they all have stood the test of time with me, great quality plugs and repair sealers. if you have the time e mail me at almleakdetection@gmail.com
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 26-7-11 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote

Thank you both for the replies. I sent you an e-mail, trackerm.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top