Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Patching Large Holes
missingleak

[*] posted on 23-6-11 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Patching Large Holes

I recently had some trouble with a clients inground vinyl pool. There was a large split in the liner, maybe 3 to 4 inches long, looked like a kick mark from installation. It was on a seam line, and in deep water, 10'. Every time I tried to get a patch glued, folded, and then down to the split for repair, either the glue would no longer stick, or the patch had curled and stuck to itself and was worthless. Very frustrating and time consuming. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with large patches or deep water. I was finally able to make repairs with several smaller patches.

Thanks
Poolman

[*] posted on 24-6-11 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote

We avoid clear patches as they curl, like to use liner as it reminds customer that the pool has been patched and they need to take care when cleaning etc :D Some then go on to say that the patch is nice because its blue etc and want to replace liner.;)
3 to 4 " isn't that big either. Deep water needs breathing gear weights and an assitant top side !
snak23

[*] posted on 29-6-11 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote

posted on 6/29/11 at 10:50

I use liner samples that I get from the warehouse to make my patches, I don't like the clear ones either. I use Boxer #100 glue and I have not had any issues with even very large patches (18") drying up or sticking to itself. With the bigger patches, I normally take a small piece of liner and put some extra glue on it to apply the glue to keep the edges down. Feel free to contact me with any other questions. Seams are tougher to repair and may require more than one patch.
downunderpools

[*] posted on 29-6-11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote

Boxer glue, liner samples, and scuba gear works the best for me that way you can make sure the patch hold all the way around.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top