Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Vinyl Liner pool repair
starr3

[*] posted on 25-5-11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Vinyl Liner pool repair

The more I learn about leak detection, the more unusual the things that I encounter. I am not a vinyl liner installer; however- I do know what feed thru's should be used in a pool- whether or not its a SP1022, 1023 fitting or something similar.

I had a pool approx 15 years old or so with several leaks- and upon examining the fiberglass stair, I had found that whoever put the pool in- cut the holes to put jets in the stair- and instead of putting the right feed thru, instead put an 1 1/2" female threaded coupling up against the back side of the stair and threaded a SP1419 fitting to hold the pipe in place- with the only provision for water loss was a thin bead of caulking around same. Needless to say that both fittings leaked.

Next, on the same pool mind you, the pool light leak, once exposed showed that there was total of about a 6 inch piece of conduit that was ran into the niche with the wire sealed with caulking at its end- and bare light wire run from there to the transformer-which was the third leak. I had never have seen that kind of work.

My question is has anyone else seen that kind of problem? Was it as fun as this one was to fix?
reedpool

[*] posted on 26-5-11 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote

Never underestimate how badly a pool can be built. Main drains not plugged, face plate screws not tightened, return lines not connected , just an open pipe underground. Deck boxes for pool lights installed lower than pool water level, gaskets missing, lights witn no conduit or contuit that goes downwards from the back of the light. Just when you have seen it all, someone finds another way to screw up the install. Thank God there are also good builders who "do it right the 1st time"
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top