Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: trenchless pipe repair
bruce

[*] posted on 28-2-11 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
trenchless pipe repair

Has anyone herd off trenchless pipe repair its at www.floodgrouting.com what do you think try it or not
brehmcon

[*] posted on 28-2-11 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote

I've been trying to learn more on this, called them last week and the lady I talked to said the boss was at a trade show, gave me his cell number, I called it and left a message still haven't got a call back. They have some videos on utube. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
DBServices

[*] posted on 9-3-11 at 04:03 AM Reply With Quote

I used to work for a pipe contractor. We did pipe lining and trench-less repairs too. It does work but is very expensive. When I was doing it the cost for that type work was much more costly than digging up the old and replace with new pipe. The advantage to this type of repair is the in location where trenching is not possible or other circumstances making trench very difficult.

Dave
DB Services
Commercial Pool Services
Pump Room Services
Atlanta GA
db.poolservice@yahoo.com
trackerm

[*] posted on 9-3-11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote

dbservices

i understand the benefit of this type repair, especially when the pipe is in a location where digging it up would be a major inconvenience and the customer would rather not dig it up.
my question is how large of hole can this stuff repair, pin holes, hairline cracks. etc... I mean a pressure test tells you pass or fail and even with sonic detection you know the leaks location. guess work comes into play here as the next guess would be is this stuff going to fix a major hole or not. video inspection would be a good service to provide because then you actually know what the leak looks like and could suggest, or rather not suggest a trenchless pipe repair. what was the cost of equipment to get into this $$ wise.
DBServices

[*] posted on 11-3-11 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote

We lined the pipe with a fabric like a sock or a tube if you can imagine it. With one end being closed, insert it in to the pipe the sock/tube is pushed into the pipe with water pressure. The entire pipe is lined with the sock/tube. Then a chemical is injected and then hot water and hot water started the curing. When the it cured, the pipe is completely relined. We did this back in the early 80's, we did it mostly in small sewer lines 4". We built our own equipment, cost I don't know. At that time there were many companies trying the same thing. This link below, just found it goggle searching "sewer liners" appears to be the same thing.

http://www.flow-liner.com/main_system.html

What we were doing 30 years ago has got to be advanced. I'm going to make a couple of calls and see if I can get some more info. I'll pass on what I find out. The problem I see is pressure 90's we use in plumbing pools are a lot tighter than 90's used in drain lines.

Dave
DB Services
Commercial Pool Services
Pump Room Services
Atlanta GA
db.poolservice@yahoo.com
jstinemire

[*] posted on 22-3-11 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote

Dave, if you take a look at Bruce's post you will find that he was asking about a specific type of trenchless pipe repair, and the specific company he listed in his post (www.floodgrouting.com) as opposed to the sock method you have used. I have looked into the sleeve method in the past, and it seems to have no application yet to PVC pool pipes.

Please let us know if you find out differently.

Bruce, I sent them a request for information as well, and I have yet to hear back from them. I don't know if they are overwhelmed, poorly managed, understaffed, or if they've had problems with the product. I hope someone hears back from them soon!
brehmcon

[*] posted on 23-3-11 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote

I have made contact through email,they are setting this up as a dealer network and there is a minimum purchase of product( over 5,000.00).If you send an email include your location.you need to find a leak to fix and they come in and do the repair as training for you. then you decide if you want in.
trackerm

[*] posted on 15-4-11 at 04:39 AM Reply With Quote

interestingly enough, there are a few pool companies in my area who are taking an interest in the trenchless pipe repair, but not one pool company is jumping in. there seems to be a few reservations about the reliability of the product as well as pressurization issues with pool pluming being that this technology is for static or otherwise any underground line not under pressure
Poolleakdetection

[*] posted on 28-6-11 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote

I use a product from a company called Pipes Down Under. Works great pipesdownunder.com
Any questions let me know.;)
trackerm

[*] posted on 29-6-11 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote

pool leak detection. i would like to discuss your success with pipes down under. I spoke with them this week and interested to see how you integrated this service into your leak detection venue. jeff almleakdetection@gmail.com
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top