Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Base Rates/ Detection area guarantee...
leakyg

[*] posted on 27-1-11 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Base Rates/ Detection area guarantee...

Looking to get an idea on some base rates that are charged. I charge a flat rate, but wondering if I am under charging..any input would be nice.
Also, anybody guarantee the area for a leak detection.. as in,
" we provide an area of 4'x4' and the leak will be there." Just wondering cause I just did a leak and I was about 2' off. It wsaent a big deal with the client, but if it was some fancy marble or something, and the client wanted to, he could have made an issue of it. Just looking to protect myself.
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 27-1-11 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Rates and questions

It is best to limit price discussions on this open forum. To evaluate and compare a flat rate price would require additional info on what you include, time involved, one or two man crew, electronic leak trac or diving inspection, pipe testing?, summer season or cold off-season? travel distance? pool, pool+spa, pool+spa+vanishing edge catch basin,

see additional comments in your personal u2u box

On your leak locate jobs, you are correct to be careful to describe the location of the most intense sound, some will be dead on, some will be in the general area, u/w video pipe inspect can sometimes help pin it down, also best to always remind customer the pipe may have more than 1 leak
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChuckGeo

[*] posted on 30-1-11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote

I have specialized in leak detection in the Atlanta area for over 25 years and have always charged a one hour minimum rate plus an hourly rate after the first hour. There is no charge if I fail to find the leak. Rates are based on my local market and are higher than rates for garden variety repair calls. You might want to make some anonymous calls to local leak firms to get an idea of what they're charging - don't use your office phone!
I don't quote a flat rate because no two pools are the same and some are far more complex (time consuming) than others. I feel that an hourly rate more accurately reflects the uncertainties involved in leak detection and is fair to all parties involved.
Note that my first hour charge is comprised of a service charge and an hourly rate. If I'm called back within a certain period after the initial visit, within two weeks for instance, I won't charge another service charge just the hourly rate.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top