Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Leakalyzer
trackerm

[*] posted on 24-12-10 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Leakalyzer

For all you leakalyzer users. Just curious as to how you are making out with the unit and how have you integrated it into your leak detection services. How is it being used? How is it generating profts for its use in your leak detection services? Is it used on every pool that you service? Would appreciate hearing some feedback.
leakdoc

[*] posted on 22-2-11 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote

I have zero faith in mine. We utillize three in my company and only one seems to be accurate "most" of the time. We've sent the two problem child's back to Hawaaii a bunch of times and are on the verge of getting our money back....
Lance
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 22-2-11 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote

Just some clarification . . . . "leakdoc's" leak analyzers were purchased from someone other than Anderson Mfg. They are not the Leakalyzer that we produce.

Comments I have received from actual Leakalyzer users at tradeshows I have been at this year have been overwhelmingly positive. Here's an example of an e-mail conversation i just had with a user in Australia. He has owned one for about a year. I asked him how he was using it:

"Hi Lance

I use the Leakalyser as the first test when I look at a pool with problems. I set up the unit and let it do its thing while looking around the pool, getting gear out of my van.

Usually within 5 minutes using the information from the customer, confirming the results on the graph on the unit, you can very quickly decide whether it’s a suction side, return side or structure problem.

Once problem found, you can then temporary plug up pipes, and unit shows that leak has stopped. Hence unit also is good at confirming you have fixed problem.

Cheers"

Please keep in mind that the best way to determine if the product is right for you is to try it out. I have been very generous with refunding anyones money who does not feel the Leakalyzer will save them time or make them money (I have extend the 30 day money back guarantee we proivide for all of our products beyond 30 days for this product). The Leakalyzer is like any tool you own and use. The better you get at understanding what it doeas and how it works the more valuable it will be for you. It's not for everyone . . . but I am convinced, based on feedback from enthusiastically positive users . . . that it is a profit generating tool in the right hands.

Lance
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 16-3-11 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote

The REAL Leakalyzer is simply the best tool we have in our arsenal. We use it on EVERY leak detection. It pays for itself in the time you save testing everything in the pool individually. No call backs, when you leave you know it's plugged.

I can't tell you how many jobs I land just by offering to hook the machine up for free to see if they have a leak. Most people know they have a leak anyways. It only takes me 10-15 mins and while it's testing I'm giving thier equipment a once over for repairs and upgrades.

I even made an excel spreadsheet to show them how much money they are losing through the leak. When they see the dollars per month they are losing it's a no brainer on the leak detection.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rocket

[*] posted on 31-3-11 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote

Just orderd all my leak detection equipment including the leakalizer. I have been in the pool industry for 27 years and like many, used all the primative leak detection methods. I know this question is vast but is there any stupid rookie mistakes that I should be aware of when using this equipment. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The Poolman
ChuckGeo

[*] posted on 1-4-11 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote

I've used the Leakalyzer on about 15 pools this winter, and it has been helpful. The issue that I have with it is that I'm unable to get repeatable results. I'll take 5 five minute measurements on a pool, with the pump off, and I'll get 5 different, widely divergent results.
This with calm wind and the pool still. Has anyone else noticed this?Also, how does it suddenly read way negative for no apparent reason.
Thanks for any input.

ChuckGeo

[*] posted on 1-4-11 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote

I've used the Leakalyzer on about 15 pools this winter, and it has been helpful. The issue that I have with it is that I'm unable to get repeatable results. I'll take 5 five minute measurements on a pool, with the pump off, and I'll get 5 different, widely divergent results.
This with calm wind and the pool still. Has anyone else noticed this?Also, how does it suddenly read way negative for no apparent reason.
Thanks for any input.

poolsetc

[*] posted on 1-4-11 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote

I have been wrestling with my unit for a season, an also find short term repeatable result elusive. If there is a significant leak the results are obvious. With smaller leaks the graph is not so definitive. The unit is very sensitive to temp., and water movement. The most consistent tests I have run were in an indoor pool with the auto cover opened two feet. The unit showed no leak. Even though here have been reports on this message board of fantastic results, I do not have a high level confidence in the unit. I have discussed this several times with Lance, and have made minor inroads on this lack of confidence. It may be best to cover every pool in some way to get the most accurate results. Remember it is just another tool to compliment all the others not the least of which is you.
Poolman

[*] posted on 6-4-11 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote

This is a great bit of kit, thing to remember, its measuring a small amount of loss in a large quantity of water. You have got to be patient! Used mine other day 20 mins to determine leak rate in open pool, plug all the pipes test another 20 mins and have the same leak rate. So no testing of pipework needed, just got to get the water clear and lots dye testing. A real advantage over the competition!:D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top