Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ridgid MicroDrain Inspection System
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 4-12-10 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Ridgid MicroDrain Inspection System

Question for Lance.
Will you be selling the new Micro Drain D65S System, the micro drain pipe inspection camera, 65 foot cable with sonde, and the NaviTrack Scout locator?
There has been a lot of interest from leak detectors and pool companies in my area. I have the camera and was very happy with its performance this year. Being able to send the camera in to see the location you have ID'd with the XLT has been very valuable.
In addition to broken pipes, I've used the camera to show building inspectors that the light bonding was correct, inspected partially blocked pipes for the cause (found a #10 plug 6 feet down a main drain pipe)
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joedee36

[*] posted on 6-12-10 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote

Hey Bruce, I was wonder if you could see a crack in a pipe with that Camera, I know there are a lot of scenarios to Q. I looked it to getting one for locating, but was not sure about how it would work in PVC pipe.
brrscuba

[*] posted on 7-12-10 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote

Joedee
I usually PT and listen first and then put the camera in to verify. On white pvc pipe, cracks are often visible, cracks appear as black lines, if you find a coupling or elbow at the spot you ID'ed by listening, you may see no crack, with the camera in position, I then send a blast of dye down the pipe and watch the video, it is totally convincing to see the dye get sucked into the coupling, elbow, or crack. You may be 100% sure based on your sonic listening, but for the customer, seeing is believing.
On suction side pipes I use the camera before listening: If you have already ID'ed a leaking skimmer pipe, run the pump with suction on the broken line so the pump draws a steady flow of water and air (air sucked thru the break) Now send your camera down the pipe, the air erupting into the pipe at the leak is easily found.
I'm looking forward to the new 65 foot cable:)
Bruce
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joedee36

[*] posted on 7-12-10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote

Thanks Bruce, that was what i needed to know..
Lance
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 15-12-10 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote

We have not been able to get set up as a direct distributor for Rigid (they have a really "rigid" sales channel ideology :(). As a result the margin we can make on selling the products at a price competitive with what is widely advertised on the Internet, doesn't allow us to service the products the way we like to.

It's tough to see business go elsewhere but in this case, for now, if you really want one of these I'd suggest buying from one of the many sellers online.

Lance
halligan

[*] posted on 2-6-11 at 05:58 AM Reply With Quote

What kind of price range (Ball Park) are we talking for the Micro Drain system & locator?
brrscuba

[*] posted on 5-6-11 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote

There are many options to pick from
go to: testequipmentdepot.com to see exact pricing,
Ridgid does not sell direct but they will send a sales rep to you to demo the product
Ball park pricing:
MicroDrain camera with 3' cable and lens $800
30' cable, reel, lens (not sonde capable) $1800
MicroDrain+30' cable reel setup $2600
MicroDrain +65' cable reel setup with sonde ability $3200
Navitrack sonde locator $1428
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
halligan

[*] posted on 9-6-11 at 04:46 AM Reply With Quote

Thanks again for the info. I had a rep out for a demo. I was impressed with the equipment. But he didn't want to talk price. He referred me someone local but his price came back high. I'll check that site and do some research before buying.

By the way, it sounds like if necessary you could reverse the flow of a return line using a spare pump and a makeshift return line in order to create the air bubbles you described on the suction side lines. Just a thought.
halligan

[*] posted on 14-6-11 at 03:32 AM Reply With Quote

Have you used the micro drain system on black poly pipe? If so how was the visibility?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top