Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Vinyl Liner leak Can't Find
dkilmer

[*] posted on 12-10-10 at 05:16 AM Reply With Quote
Vinyl Liner leak Can't Find

I have a pool that is leaking about 3/4 " every 2 days with the pump off on the everaption test. The pressure test on the lines have all held, Leak Trek said there were no holes, the pool lights are not leaking. The customer has had the water leak past the return lines before. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I should do or look for know. All the test tell me this pool should not be leaking. Any help would be appericated. Thanks
trackerm

[*] posted on 12-10-10 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote

did you get underwater and dye test everything? look at the return fittings for small crack. the xlt 30 with underwater microphone is instrumental in finding those leaks in which the plug could temporarily cover them up during a pressure test. any bottom drains in the pool with hydro valves? check around the stairs and dye test each screw. its probably a small leak.
reedpool

[*] posted on 12-10-10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote

trackerm +1
sometimes leaky gaskets or around steps leaks are missed by leak tracker because of signal from screws. Also make sure tracker is well grounded and working before test. Dye test dye test dye test.

good luck let us know how it works out.
trackerm

[*] posted on 13-10-10 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote

light niches. especially the stainless steel niches. dye testing the opening may result with no dye being taken. look around the ring in the fitting sometimes they crack. looks like a normal appearing part of the niche but in fact is a leak.
pooldiverandrew

[*] posted on 15-10-10 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote

A little more info about the pool may be helpful. age of pool, age of liner ,type of stairs if any. Trackerm has good advice regarding the niche, different niches break/leak differently and can be tricky to detect. if possible plug lines cover/seal lite from pool to diagnos with process of elimination.testing for water loss by just turning off the pump, in my opinion is useless, turn off the pump and plug the openings and now you have separated the potential plumbing leak from the potential pool leak. the wild card is a bottom drain, plug it too if you can, if it is direct to filter.

if it is losing water more than likely it can be determined how.

Andrew

Mood: spring smellin''

[*] posted on 17-10-10 at 03:55 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by dkilmer
I have a pool that is leaking about 3/4 " every 2 days with the pump off on the everaption test. The pressure test on the lines have all held, Leak Trek said there were no holes, the pool lights are not leaking. The customer has had the water leak past the return lines before. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I should do or look for know. All the test tell me this pool should not be leaking. Any help would be appericated. Thanks

I vote lite. gotta dive it and check.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member 1215's Yahoo
bruce

[*] posted on 16-2-11 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote

Did you pressure test return faceplate gaskets to dothis use a plug that just fits into facepate should not go past gasket retest with air if now leaking use water and air and check each return you will feel the air and water behind the liner bubbling not there I need more info leaktrac again?
leakdoc

[*] posted on 22-2-11 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote

Try dye testing any theads in eyeball fittings, vac lines etc...Sometimes your plugs seal the leak when pressure testing. Good luck
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top