Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Leakalyzer vs Strong Breeze
akis

[*] posted on 21-7-10 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Leakalyzer vs Strong Breeze

As much as I love the Leakalyzer, I have major problems with it in areas where there is a fairly strong breeze. A large part of my clientele live up in the hills, where there is always a breeze. I can never get a consistent reading, how ever many times I try. The water surface stability is extremely unreliable (due to the breeze), my graphs always look something like this /\/\/\/\/...it drives me bonkers! Is there anything I can do to help stabilise the water around the sensor? I've tried a bucket with an open bottom, but that did'nt help nothing!
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 23-7-10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote

Cover the pool surface with thin plastic, (paint stores sell it in big sheets to protect floors and furniture) or a winter pool tarp cover, it will illiminate evaporation and dampen the water movement from the wind
If I remember correctly you are in the Mediterrean Sea. What types of pools are popular in your area?
Please give us a review of your Leakalyer usage.
Thanks
Bruce
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
akis

[*] posted on 26-7-10 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote

Thanks for that Bruce...it makes plain logical sense!

I would say 60% of pools in my area are Liners and the rest are a mixture of Tiled and Fiberglass Pools...no "gunnite"!

I started Leak Detection (I suppose) when the Leakalyzer was still new to the market, and many experienced members seemed very uncertain of the prospect of purchasing one. I on the other hand had nothing to lose. I was a potential novice to this industry and therefore was prepared to take my chances, so I purchased it with the rest of my kit.

To be honest, for the first couple of months I was only using it as a sales pitch tool...impressing my clients by confirming that their pool was leaking and showing off the graphs, loss in litres/gallons per hour! I honestly found no other use for it! But as I moved on, and used it more often (as a sales tool of course), I discovered that it was devised to do much more than just a quick "bucket Test" confirmation. I am now isolating leaks within a few minutes. I call the leakalyzer my "Golden Goose", because ever since I discovered her capabilities, my almost failed Leak Detection business is now stronger than ever.
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 20-10-10 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote

Unreal Akis, thanks for the indepth post about the leakalyzer's realized potential in the leak business. I have this thing in my sights for purchase in the near future.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
reedpool

[*] posted on 20-10-10 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote

solar blanket also makes good cover
trackerm

[*] posted on 21-10-10 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote

How have you integrated the leakalyzer in helping your business grow? How has the leakalyzer increased profits and how are you using it to earn income?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top