Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: SCUBA tank air induction
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 24-4-10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
SCUBA tank air induction

I'd like to use my scuba tank for inducing air into the lines when I need to. Is there something Anderson sells to do this? If not, what are you pros using?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 24-4-10 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote

Yes you can induce from a scuba regulator to the Anderson pressure tester.
1. for control and safe pressures you need to buy a pressure regulator, they are in the air tool dept at Sears ( 0 - 150 psi)
2. then go to a scuba store and purchase an adaptor fitting that allows you to connect your BC low pressure hose and has 1/4"npt thread, attach this fitting to the inlet of the air regulator, attach the air regulator to the anderson PT kit (remove the anderson hose fitting)
Additional fittings available at scuba stores will also attach to the BC lp hose for: tire inflation, inflation of inflatable plugs, air guns for blowing, works great to clean screw holes with debris, adaptors can also be fitted to allow underwater use of air powered grinders and drills, I use the drills a lot with vgb cover installation jobs
Call or email if you have difficulty with understanding this
Bruce
brrscuba@charter.net
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 20-10-10 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote

Sorry for the late reply on this Bruce but thank you for your expert advice there. I had meant to post this a long time ago but @#$*& happens so I couldn't.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top