Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: placing a liner vac
robassetto

[*] posted on 28-3-10 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
placing a liner vac

i realize this is a leak detection site but i noticed in a past post that 4leakman had a picture of a liner vac installed through the skimmer. i was just wondering how well that works, i assume it does other wise you wouldn't be doing it. i have to try it this year i would love to forgo leaving a section of liner open and stuffing the vac hose behind it. i just wonder about placement of the hose when installing it through the skimmer. if anybody has any other placement of the vac i'm interested

Mood: spring smellin''

[*] posted on 29-3-10 at 04:12 AM Reply With Quote

rob, i have no ryme or reason but i usually have no problem with along the wall; behind the liner vac set.
have installed vac at stairboard ,,, i think i'd tape inside of skimmer collars if extensions are present.
i think taping wall seams more important than vac plascement.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member 1215's Yahoo
reedpool

[*] posted on 1-4-10 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote

with the powerful liner vacs available today, placement is not a big deal. I find that the middle of a long wall is least likely to cause problems. At one time we suked out of the skimmer but had problems with the liner tightening over the bottom of the skimmer mouth and cutting off flow.
4Leakman

[*] posted on 18-6-10 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Anywhere works

Going through the skimmer just made it a bit easier as we don't have to seal the liner with duct tape and then pull the vac hose out and then insert the liner back into the extrusion. They allwork fine as long as you are not sucking up the sand bottom!!! :o
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top