Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Leakalizer
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 19-11-09 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Leakalizer

Can anyone who has a Leakalyzer please give us a review, 18 months on the market and almost no comments here.
Lance: have improvements or updates been made to it?
Thanks
Bruce
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Lance
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 20-11-09 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote

Yup.

Improvements for 2010 version to be ready to ship @ Jan 30:

1. 10 save slots instead of 5
2. Saved tests are time and date stamped
3. Saved tests can be downloded to your computer via USB cable and analyzed with included software. Images of graphs can be dropped into your reports or invoices.
4. Test can now run up to 2 hours instead of being limited to just 20 minutes.
5. "Events" (such as turning pump on or off) can be marked on the graph as the test is being done. Periods between marks can be analyzed separately from total test on included computer software.
6. A much improved "detail calculation" of water loss rate is included in new versions.
7. Minor modifications to sensor have improved corrosion and shock resistance.

I hope people report their experiences up here. There are over 50 units out in the field. The feedback we have received has been positive and helpful (in leading to the above mentioned improvements).

All current owners of Leakalyzers can have their units upgraded to include the most recent improvements. Call me for details.

Lance
trackerm

[*] posted on 23-11-09 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote

Any ongoing issued with temperature variation on the unit? It was to my understanding that the unit gave false positive results with variation of temperature on the load cell. Anyone who has this device care to comment? Lance?
sunofasack

[*] posted on 17-12-09 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote

Updates,Cool! What about the handheld turning on by itself? I will call for the latest updated. Here is my experience with the whole unit.

-My trust in the Leakalyzer has improved 10 fold. I haven't had many call back's when using it. More to come........

brrscuba

[*] posted on 28-1-10 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote

Met several LEAKALYZER owners at the Atlantic City Pool Show, they are THRILLED with it and report:
- no more 24 hr bucket tests
- true loss info instead of lies and inaccuracies from customers
- the ability to diagnose whether the leak is in the pipes or the structure and to determine suction side vs return side
- it proves they found all the leaks, almost no follow up calls

I hope more Leakalyzer owners will put reviews here.

Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trackerm

[*] posted on 28-1-10 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote

How does one determine with the leakalyzer suction vs pressure side? turn pump or or off. not clear? interesting.
brrscuba

[*] posted on 28-1-10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote

If the first loss tests: pump off, pipes open, then with pipes plugged, resulted in a loss only with the pipes open, telling you the leak is in the pipes
then the next test would be to compare the loss: pump on vs pump off, more with the pump on = a return leak, less or no loss with the pump on = a suction leak, (if lines can be isolated with valves then an on-off test of each could pin it down to an individual pipe)
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com

Mood: spring smellin''

[*] posted on 28-1-10 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote

bruce, very much thanks for input on leakalyzer.i had my eye on one but wanted to see how things deveoped
was not able to attend a.c. and i feel that it is admirable that you so freely and accuratly fill us all in about it.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member 1215's Yahoo
robassetto

[*] posted on 5-3-10 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote

just wanted to let evryone from the my point of view having used the product for the past 2 yrs. without a doubt it is the single best leak tool our company owns. while there is some adjustment period with it, once you understand its "little quircks" the leakalyzer can be great for showing custmers "concrete" information that you found the leak and that you stopped the leak completely. i love the fact that with the leakayler you are only going out to that pool in question one time. thats its. you never again have to give the customer false hope or even give yourself false hope that got all the of thier leaks. it is really a great communication device between the pool owner and the service tech. we i first started using it there were times where i doubted the information, but i can honestly say time and again the leakaylzer was right.
sunofasack

[*] posted on 12-3-10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
General Maintenance?

After each use with the LZ. I shake out the probe and leave the case open in my truck to air dry. Is there any other suggestions to keep this machine in good working order? Basically I just follow the directions that came with it.

Mike
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 16-4-10 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Done Deal

Quote:
Originally posted by robassetto
just wanted to let evryone from the my point of view having used the product for the past 2 yrs. without a doubt it is the single best leak tool our company owns. while there is some adjustment period with it, once you understand its "little quircks" the leakalyzer can be great for showing custmers "concrete" information that you found the leak and that you stopped the leak completely. i love the fact that with the leakayler you are only going out to that pool in question one time. thats its. you never again have to give the customer false hope or even give yourself false hope that got all the of thier leaks. it is really a great communication device between the pool owner and the service tech. we i first started using it there were times where i doubted the information, but i can honestly say time and again the leakaylzer was right.

Thanks Robasatto, this has sealed the deal on me getting one of these ASAP.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top