Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Want to buy XLT16
Sikymssa

mad.gif posted on 16-12-05 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
Want to buy XLT16

Need to buy all the XLT16's I can get my hands on. I think I am going deaf and that is the only one that works good for me. The new ones have to much static. I would like to hear from others that are having trouble with the new units.
Lance
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 19-12-05 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Clarification

It is my understanding that the your dissatisfaction with the new units has to do primarily with the hydrophone (for underwater leaks) attachment for the XLT30 am I correct? We know that the the senisitivity of this unit causes it to pick up even stray 60Hz electrical sound. This is possibly what is causing the static sound and making it difficult to hear leaks. We are doing an acoustical study of how the XLT30 and XLT16 and 20 hydrophones actually compare in the frequency ranges they are tuned to. This should help us to minimize problems mentioned above and duplicate the favoarable results you acheived from the older units. We will keep you updated here as we learn more.

The XLT17 hydrophone should be available by the first of the year. We expect that this will not have the same 60 Hz problem.

Most feedback on the use of the XLT30 for underground plumbing leaks has been very positive. Hopefully this is consistent with everyone's experience out there.

Lance
aleaksolution

[*] posted on 24-2-07 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote

1215 if you are still interested in selling you xlt-16 then call me at 561.667.6167 My name is mark
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top