Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Home Show
Beards

[*] posted on 2-1-13 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Home Show

I am setting up a booth at our local convention center. The show is sponsored by the Home Builders Association and is attended by thousands seeking home improvement ideas. The venders offer everything from landscape design to new home construction. Most of the areas pool contractors are also there. My question is this: Have any of you done such a show? Was it profitable? Do you have any Ideas to generate interest? I thought about setting up small display with leaktrack but have decided I should not give anyone Ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Sdewolfe

[*] posted on 2-1-13 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote

I like those shows and have done them in the past. Booths are usually reasonable and most people will pass you by looking for the tile guys or the roofers but you're sure to get some interest if your literature is colorful. Keep candy out there to get them to stop for 2 seconds. Most don't care about you or need you till they need you then the NEED YOU!
As for giving people ideas (assuming you mean pool people) if you display Leak Trac... there will always be competition which is good for you..keeps you at your best. :)
Thanks
Steve
cgg90210

[*] posted on 11-1-13 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote

Two simple words: HOT CHICKS. When I was marketing my new business in supply houses I had my girl and a hot friend handing out literature and food, worked real well. If your concentration is pool leak detection, give out 5 gallon buckets with stickers of your company name and contact info as well as instructions on how to do an evaporation/bucket test. People will use the bucket as a tote for all the other crap we get at trade shows and know who to call if the need arises. Good luck
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 12-1-13 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote

Steve Beards

1. Practice and perfect a 30 second to one minute intro you will give to anyone who owns or plans to own a pool, about you and your leak services.

2. Magnetic Business Cards, get one to every person who says yes, to the "do you own a pool" question. Someday their pool (or a neighbor's or a friend's) will leak, hopefully your card is stuck on the side of the refrigerator.

3. The pool builders displaying at the show. Showcase your expertise and the specialized equipment you have, ( Leak-Trac, XLT 17 or 30, Leakalizer, Pipe Inspection Camera)
90% of pool companies do not own the specialized equipment, try to become their Leak guy, or if they say they do their own leak repair, then offer to find the leaks that they get stumped on and offer year round service when it is too cold for their guy

Thank you and please report back on how it went and post a picture of your booth!
Bruce
PoolRepairDiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jstinemire

[*] posted on 14-1-13 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote

Great tips, Bruce!
Beards

[*] posted on 1-3-13 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by jstinemire
Great tips, Bruce!

Home show went well. Lots of candy, ink pens and business cards left my booth. I was able to schedule several leak jobs and landed at least one flood grout job on a leaking return line. I also set up the leakalizer as a static display, most people seemed impressed. Most importantly many people did not know they had a local leak detection professional in our area. (despite phone book and web site and referrals from most pool stores)
Also picked up a great pipe inspection camera (V Cam LSR ) and sonde locator at a fraction of the cost of a Ridged see snake.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top