Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: evaporation calculator
floodgroutingfrance

[*] posted on 12-7-12 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
evaporation calculator

hi guys
live in south of france and buy leakanalyser
same weather than in Californie
does someone could tell me where can i find the evaporation calculator or wich number to put in leakanalyser and the filter strength value to put in.
Regards

Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 22-7-12 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote

You need to experiment. Perform a number of tests on different pools and use the Leakalyzer Reporter software on your computer. See which filter strengths give you the closest number to 1 on the R2.

I like to use filter strength 15 personally, most use a lower number. If you want to know the evaporation rate for the pool you are testing, set up a bucket of water on the steps so that you can place the Leakalyzer on something solid to test the water in the bucket. Don't use the sample hose, just the bulb by itself. Then it's a true evaporation rate and not just an estimate.
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 29-12-12 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote

The evaporation index calculator is located on the far right of the first page when you log into your account on leaktools.com. You will need to setup your location in the manage profiles tab in order for your local weather to be used for proper calculations (although I am uncertain if this works for people in countries outside the US.)

I almost always use the "try your own calculations" link in order to enter in the pool temperature because th default is 85 degrees which even here in sunny Orlando, Florida it is almost never that high. Personally I think default should be set around 72-75.

Good idea semi-retired about the bucket on the steps for a true evap index. Sadly though I think that would realistically add 20 mins to the service call (10 to get the bulb acclimated to the water and 10 to run the test.)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top