Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: spa lesson
hap

[*] posted on 27-2-07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
spa lesson

I located a leak at a job Steve gave to me over the weekend. When I showed up it was my understanding that the homeowner is out of state. I lifted the cover on this in ground delaminated fiberglass over plaster and concrete spa. The smell knocked me back a little. Very little black water was in the foot well. The rest of the situation looked like this.....6 Shasta infloor heads, 2 returns, 5 therapies, AWL, split MD, U3 skimmer, separate EQ with shared heater. As an inexperienced leak finder I took a chance that the water had leaked out of the MD because most of the water was gone when I got there and I had no one to call about the history of this tub. I quickly learned the MD was okay. I spent a few hours testing the remaining plumbing and nothing leaked. I was filling the tub up when the homeowner showed up. He said that it leaks to the bottom of the tile only. A dye test confirmed the skimmer needed to be regrouted and all is well. Sheeesh if I could have talked to the homeowner first I could have saved myself some head scratching. I was very suspicious of the valves at the shared heater early on but they looked good and held 15 lbs for 15 minutes. I really should have charged extra for cleaning up his nasty spa and will in the future. Also I should fill up and let leak or dye test when no costumer is on site or communicating.

--
Hap
4Leakman

[*] posted on 3-3-07 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Question

Why did the water leak down to the main drains if the leak was up at the skimmer?? :o
hap

[*] posted on 4-3-07 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote

It didn't, the customer showed up while I was there and said he pumped it down 9 months ago. Unfortunately for me I was not able to learn this until late in my day.

--
Hap
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top