Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Three Companies
Poolman

[*] posted on 26-6-12 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Three Companies

Pool owner calls, My liner pool is leaking and I've heard that you can leak locate, not a problem we can do that.
Get to site to be told three other pool companies have been here and one of them did lots of digging but I still have a leak.
Look at the level, bottom of skimmers, does it stay there all the time, yes, even with all the rain.( of which we have had loads!)
So we inspect skimmer throats, water line, someone had obviously thought that the retaining ring for the basket in the skimmer was the cause and used a ton of putty.
Water is cold, so rather than plug sump we blow air down until it bubbles and then watch gauge as usually you get a few psi on the gauge and can get a clue as to pipe condition.
Well tried to blow air down, nothing, ok try the air blower rather than compressor, bigger volume, still nothing. A cold dip and plug it then, amongst all the debris nice, glad I have an assistant!:P
With a plug the line still didn't hold pressure, so left it plugged and now the pool is full to the top. Not dug it out yet but suspect a sheared pipe or split from frost damage. Just like the head of the boiler is split from frost damage, his ‘mate’ winterised for him......:D :D :D

Mood: spring smellin''

[*] posted on 27-6-12 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote

like the fellow keeps saying dive!dive! dive!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member 1215's Yahoo
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 30-6-12 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by 1215
like the fellow keeps saying dive!dive! dive!

So true! The PD-50 portable dive unit is working great! Add a good mask and ten percent of your weight on your belt and you can leisurely dye test the main drains, insert the plugs and check their fitment.

I tested a gunite spa attached to a pool with the Leakalyzer yesterday. It was dropping like crazy. Plugged off the jets from the deck, retested with LZ-400. Same thing. Got in and dye tested return line at very bottom of spa. Whoosh! The dye couldn't get sucked down the pipe fast enough. Plasterers put so much plaster around the pipes in the sumps that I couldn't put regular plugs in. Had to seal with 3/4 " to 1 1/2" inflatables. They work like a charm!

Two best pieces of advice I've received:
Dive, dive, dive!
You can never have enough plugs!
Poolman

[*] posted on 1-7-12 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote

Never enough plugs of the right size !:D
trackerm

[*] posted on 19-7-12 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote

thats what i always say. dive dive dive
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top