Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: expensive??? you got to be kidding me.
trackerm

[*] posted on 7-5-12 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
expensive??? you got to be kidding me.

I just love it when a pool company will say that leak detection or a guy who performs leak detection is expensive. Its funny how some pool companies dont complain about their own prices knowing their profit margin. Leak detectors who represent a small portion of the business has to operate. I think leak detection guys have been spat at in the sense that some feel that our art is non deserving of a fair or premium price. what makes one leak detection inexpensive vs expensive is far beyond me. I think that for the most part, leak detection has been performed, and not trying to offend anyone here that not the intent, by guys searching for pocket money that dont provide a good value and service. underinsured, no insurance, etc.... I have heard of guys in my area that try to start out in leak detection charging an exorbent (spelling sorry) amount of money, not finding the leak, and non returning. I have heard of guys going to a pool and charging 150 dollars and returning 4 times to find the leak. Hey if guys like that want to run around like that and pocket that kind of money so be its the business. those who critique the leak detectors in their pricing need to get with the program. dont complain about our pricing
ald101

[*] posted on 13-8-12 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote

I have customers complain about what I charge to find THEIR problem, mostly saying you were only here 45 minutes. I always tell them it was 45 minutes plus 15 years of experience. That usually works lol. Plus I warranty my detection 30 days weather I do the repair or not.
reedpool

[*] posted on 15-8-12 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote

Ask them if they would be happier if you were slow and inefficient. We charge for the results not for the time it takes, because if a job takes longer than expected, the customer does not rush out and offer more money.
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 23-10-12 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by ald101
I have customers complain about what I charge to find THEIR problem, mostly saying you were only here 45 minutes. I always tell them it was 45 minutes plus 15 years of experience. That usually works lol. Plus I warranty my detection 30 days weather I do the repair or not.

My newest favorite line

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top