Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Credit Card I-Phone Apps
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 1-2-12 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Credit Card I-Phone Apps

Is anyone using Intuit Go Payment or Squareup credit card readers to collect payments by CC at the jobsite?
Please offer a review on your experiences.
Thank you
Bruce
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChuckGeo

[*] posted on 2-2-12 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote

I've been using Square with my iPhone for about 6 months. I'm very happy with the service and it's execution. I can accept Visa, MC, AMEX and Discover via swiping with the Square reader plugged into my phone or via entry on the screen of my phone. Square sends a receipt to my customer either by E-mail or text message (or not at all - you decide) and sends me an e-mail with the amount that I receive after they take their discount.
My previous card service charged me $35. every month to maintain the account plus discount. No monthly charge with Square, discounts are 2.5 - 3% of the transaction amount.
This is an excellent service, thumbs UP!

windy

[*] posted on 2-2-12 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote

Been using Go Payment for about 6 months. Works well, no problems so far.
Beards

[*] posted on 3-2-12 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote

ChuckGeo,

Tell us more about square. I have not been accepting cc due to the monthly fee and the % you have to fork over to cc company for every transaction. If its only a transaction fee, I would use the service. beats chasing down slow or no pay customers.
ChuckGeo

[*] posted on 4-2-12 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote

Go to Square.com for the full poop.
leakyg

[*] posted on 5-2-12 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote

I have been using square for around a year. Its great. type in the card number, or use a swiper that plugs into your phone and just swipe. I think they charge around 5%, so just add that much to the bill for the service of using a credit card.. or 7-8%...
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 5-2-12 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by leakyg
I have been using square for around a year. Its great. type in the card number, or use a swiper that plugs into your phone and just swipe. I think they charge around 5%, so just add that much to the bill for the service of using a credit card.. or 7-8%...

The reader is free if you have it mailed to you. Ten bucks with a ten buck credit if you buy it at the Apple store.
And 2.75% interest on your charges. I have one. It works. :)
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 6-2-12 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
SQUARE vs INTUIT GO PAYMENT

Square
Card reader is free, (if you apply on line) 2.75% transaction fee if card is swiped threw reader, 3.75% if card# is typed in, internet reviews indicate it is difficult to get to a live person if there is a question or a disputed charge issue

Intuit Go Payment
Card reader is free, (if you apply on line) 2.70% transaction fee if card is swiped threw reader, 3.75% if card # is typed in, better reviews on internet, Intuit does have live customer service

Bruce
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hinejs

[*] posted on 23-2-12 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote

I too like the idea of the square readers, but tech support is poor at best, and the amount of information thats ported over to our accounting software, Quickbooks is not specific enough for what Id like my customer to see. The customer sees the $ amnount and a minimal description that you punch in, but theres no choosing from a dropdown list of services/materials/wholegoods that were used/consumed for this particular transaction.

If I didnt have such specific accounting needs, then I think the the Square would be the way to go.

-Jeremy
Florida Leisure Pool & Spa
www.FloridaPoolSpa.com
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top