Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Big leak .........
Poolman

[*] posted on 28-1-12 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
Big leak .........

We have recently taken over the looking after of a pool, since it was built the pool company has been doing the monthly care, we have started fortnightly. Anyway the system is salt water and the first thing we noticed was the 0.02 salt level that should be 3.0. This was after their last visit a couple weeks before. So we test the pool, no chlorine, alkalinity at the bottom of the scale, pH ok. 200 kg of salt into the pool brings the level back to 2.7 Gets me wondering! Now I think best case is they weren't to bothered, worst case its diluting out at a rapid rate. Client’s attitude is do what you need to do and get back to me. That afternoon we turned the top up off rather than set up leakalizer, next morning a drop of 1 tile. at a guess that's a change of water every 6-8 weeks, can see why it stayed clean with little chlorine and why he had to have a second oil tank fitted. Its a tiled pool and warm, so in we go, snorkels on and check around all fittings, lights out check the glands etc. Nothing. Ok lets separate pool and pipe, leakalize and pressure test.
But before that have a look in the manhole over the cover motor drive. There it is, water running down the inside of the pit, like a running tap. Have attached a picture hopefully the right way up as it was taken upside down!
;)Opps try again with the picture.

Poolman has attached this image:
027.JPG - 162.95kb
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top