Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Leak Trac & Landscape Ponds
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

cool.gif posted on 8-11-11 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Leak Trac & Landscape Ponds

When using the Leak Trac in a Landscape Pond / Fish Pond that has a liner: are there any special procedures? Anyone with experience with pond liner detection? What can you patch it with? The pond material I see is a rubber membrane. What can you do when boulders line the edge, the rocks sit on the liner edge but they make contact with both the water and the earth.
Thanks
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pooldiverandrew

[*] posted on 8-11-11 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote

I have repaired 2 ponds, both small and very easy, as problem was very visible and near the edge. the pond liner is at least very similar if not the same as vinyl pool liner. used same color patch and actually used boxer glue.
no problem whatsoever
4Leakman

[*] posted on 16-11-11 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Same Issue

Quote:
Originally posted by brrscuba
When using the Leak Trac in a Landscape Pond / Fish Pond that has a liner: are there any special procedures? Anyone with experience with pond liner detection? What can you patch it with? The pond material I see is a rubber membrane. What can you do when boulders line the edge, the rocks sit on the liner edge but they make contact with both the water and the earth.
Thanks
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
4Leakman

[*] posted on 16-11-11 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Same Issue

I had the same problem. Too many rocks and plants that cause too many grounds which makes the Leaktrak essentially useless. The hydrophone is probably a better option here.

A plain pond works OK with either device.

Quote:
Originally posted by brrscuba
Thanks
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
Poolman

[*] posted on 26-12-11 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote

Does it not give a tingle to the fish ?
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 26-12-11 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote

No shock to fish, like birds on a power line are not shocked, mild shock is possible if you make contact with the water and are touching a ground.
I know I am not the only one who has had a helper operate the leak trac while I was underwater patching termite holes:P
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Poolman

[*] posted on 27-12-11 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote

I do same put lad in water to mark up and leave track on, great when touches ladder to get out, well it amuses me !:D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top