Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Any new leakalyzer experiences?
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 29-7-11 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Any new leakalyzer experiences?

Tips and tricks? I read about covering the pool with plastic sheeting to calm the water. Anyone doing this? Also, how is the new software performing?
Poolman

[*] posted on 30-7-11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote

Have used it on indoor with great success, important that the water is calm. You can see the water see saw on the read out if you don't. We have seen leak rate, got in and dye tested, sealed leak, let it calm and re test, great and impresses customers no end. Justifies large invoices!;)
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 1-9-11 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote

Anyone wish to add anything?:)
Greeng1

[*] posted on 6-3-12 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote

Live in Europe and just got mine today cant wait to test it. we have rain. any suggestions or help would be great
pguthrie

[*] posted on 6-3-12 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote

I use mine almost everyday, but it's usually windy most of the time where I am (SW Fl). i don't use the sheet, but normally let the test run 20-30 minutes during those times. However, if I don't get a decent graph reading withing the first 5 minutes, I'll go back to the main screen and restart the test from scratch.

Anybody else do this?

As far as the plastic sheeting goes, I don't do that. I feel like it would take too much time to set up and then pack away.
Semi_Retired

[*] posted on 7-3-12 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote

I don't use sheeting for the same reason. And I do re-start tests that seem to be acting weird.
clearbluepi

[*] posted on 29-3-12 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote

I use mine sometimes twice to three times per day and have found that the unit needs to be set up in the shade. Even if you have to move the umbrella stand over to it. The unit also needs to be set up in the pool for some time in order to acclimate to the surroundings, especially if it has been in your hot or air conditioned truck all day or over night. The sun beating on the mounting plate can really have an effect on the readings.
klemtek

[*] posted on 14-2-13 at 03:40 AM Reply With Quote

I recently purchased a leakalyzer and could never get consistent readings when using it in direct sunlight, so I looked at what I had lying around to shield it from the sun.

I have one of those silver car windscreen sun covers that go inside the car. The one I have has a slit in the middle from the bottom to about 1/3 the way up. I was able to put the slide rod into this slit which meant that the cover was completely shielding the leakalyzer and base no matter what position the sun was in. It is rigid enough that it stays flat. You can place a heavy object (a brick or even a chair) on the sides to stop the wind moving it. The sun shield doesn't even get wet.

I tested it for approx 2-3 hours today in the heat of the day (I'm in Australia) and it worked perfectly.
ahbbiz

[*] posted on 28-2-13 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
New Leakalyzer

Just got my Leakalyzer about a month ago. Seems to work really well but its a thinking mans tool:

**** Read ALL the directions several times ****

Here is what I've found for best results:
1. Set it up and keep it in the shade.
2. Let the unit set in the water for 10 min before starting the test to adjust to the water temp.
3. Open the valve on the bottom and then shut it at least part way to keep from getting the big ups and downs. Then start the test.
4. Let it run at least 15 minutes for best results.
5. Make sure the unit contact the vertical pool wall to stabalize it.
6. Make sure now water is flowing i.e. raised spa draining to pool.

Saves me return trips to the pool and makes me look very professional. No more hoping your leak is fixed - now I know for sure.

Great tool, pretty expensive but worth the price if your going to do leak detection regularly.
professionalpoolcare

Mood: entertained

[*] posted on 12-3-13 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote

7. open up all pump lids and filter air relief valves for initial test

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top