Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Testing
Bamapool

thumbdown.gif posted on 30-3-11 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Testing

I have been trying to pressure test (air & water) on a pools Polaris system, BUT, because of the off-line chlorinator (it leaks the air & water) I do not get a true reading.

Also, do many of you guys still use the Geophones Or something esle/better to find the sound/souce of the leak(s)
Thanks
Dean
Bama Pools
Alabama
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 31-3-11 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote

1. I'm puzzled why a chlorinator would be on a Polaris line? but clearly you must remove it or plug it off to get a proper test.

2. I used to use a Geophone, it was good for learning sounds, ok if you are only doing a couple of jobs / year. The Fisher XLT is at least 10 times better, can filter out unwanted background sounds, and can be used underwater with the hydrophone attachment, The performance of the Fisher XLT's will pay for itself and allow you to be faster, more accurate and to charge a premium. Call Lance: he'll explain the differences between the XLT 17 and 30 models.

Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trackerm

[*] posted on 1-4-11 at 04:55 AM Reply With Quote

As bruce mentioned, the XLT 30 is invaluable when it comes to leak detection. I highly recommend the underwater microphone. It pays for itself the first time you use it.
Bamapool

[*] posted on 1-4-11 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info, will look into it. On the chlorinator on the return/chlorinatror side, it is there for water supply on the return side for the PB-4 pump. We have a LOT of dummies here putting in pools !
Dean
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top