Service Providers Forum Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: sealing liner gaskets
newlook

[*] posted on 17-5-10 at 02:55 AM Reply With Quote
sealing liner gaskets

If you have done all tests and have norrowed it down to the gaskets, built in steps, light, skimmer, what are some of the best methods one for testing and two for sealing up. I have tried to dye test on the sides of the white strip but not screws and do not knonw how to test screws other then tighten them. Any suggestions on how to detect leaks in gaskets. Also details on how to seal up if leak is found and where to apply flexible sealer if needed. I also have a leaktraker.
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 21-5-10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote

Dye test, dye test, and dye test until you find it!
There are too many different techniques for gaskets, steps, lights, skimmers to fit in this responce. Call me if you need to.
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com:cool:
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rwaibel

[*] posted on 28-7-10 at 05:06 AM Reply With Quote

gasket leaks are very rare.
reedpool

[*] posted on 28-7-10 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote

I disagree rwaibel above-in our area-eastern Canada gasket leaks are fairly common. Whenever possible we replace damaged gaskets with new ones. Our trucks carry a few sheets of cork and rubber gasket material in case we dont have the actual gaket on the truck. As far as detection brrscuba is right on dye dye dye.
brrscuba

Mood: Underwater!

[*] posted on 28-7-10 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote

rwaibel:
Gasket leaks are at least a one leak job / week occurance in my area, Northeast USA. Perhaps you have different types of pools in your area.
When I'm called to a job that someone else failed to find the leak, it is one of the first things I check for. As liners are lasting longer and longer I expect to find an increase in gasket leaks in the future.;)
Bruce
poolrepairdiver.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aquatechdivingservice

[*] posted on 31-8-11 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote

I have found that the flexible sealer works pretty good for sealing leaky gaskets, apply at the leak and the water draws it in. If the leak is to big for the flexible sealer to stop it right from the blister pack, squeeze a small amount out and let it set up some before applying it, then top off with fresh sealer.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top